Monday, June 7, 2010

VACATION!

Well - sort of if you call visiting family vacation!  We hung out at home until Tuesday and then drove to NY.  The trip up was good.  We stopped in Camp Hill, PA for a geocache.  Zed was very good in his harness.

During the day, we went geocaching - there wasn't too many that were together, so it was kind of rough, in and out of the car with the pups.  The first day, we went around Kanakadea Park.  On the trail, close to the cache, I was probably 5 feet away from a fawn who was sleeping.  That was crazy!  Dan had the same thing happen to him about a week before!  The second day we went to Stony Brook State Park where there were about 5 caches - with a LOT of walking and stairs.  I almost thought we would have to take Zed to the emergency vet because he got bit by a mosquito and it welted up!  Luckily, I think because he had Benedryl in his system, it went down within the hour. 

Wednesday night, we drove up to Rochester to see The Lipstick Massacre with Mae for her birthday present.  We stopped at Chipotle and then picked up a geocache that was right around the corner from there.  The play was great!  I was really surprised that Dan liked it.  Since he didn't want to go see it at first.  The pups stayed with my brother, Vincent.  Mae really wanted to meet Pandora Boxx so after the show we waiting in the lobby and one of the actresses came out & said they were taking press photos in the theater, so we walked back in and when they were done, I yelled to get Pandora's attention.  Mae was so excited.

Thursday, we went to Canisteo Crazee Daze Parade and then hung out at the vendor area.  I had funnel cake and Dan had a deep fried Snickers bar.  When we were in line (which we cut into because Mae was in line and we just got inline with her), some guy came up to Dan and asked if he would get 2 funnel cakes for him and handed him a $20.  When Dan tried to give him the change ($12), he wouldn't take it.  I didn't expect to see that in Canisteo!  People don't make a lot in the area.

Things that did happen that didn't surprise me, people sent by Social Services were staying at the Econo Lodge.  When I stopped in the office, the "mother/grandmother" came in to complain that she couldn't get into her daughter's room to take care of the grandchildren and the employee said "I just got off the phone with Social Services, we will fix it."  The next morning, there was a MESS outside of their room door.  It's no wonder people can't get out of the system, they don't have the mindset to change/take care of their environment to better themselves.

Then I was at Walmart and the cashier began to tell me about how she is sueing her neighbor because of the neighbor's dog and how she let's the dog bark and bark and go after people.  Not sure if she should be talking about a lawsuit to people.....

When we were at Crazee Daze, someone came up to me and said "do you remember me?"  Of course not, It ended up being Dawn Patton.  Totally not what I remembered she looked like, of course it's been over 20 years since I last saw her.  This takes me to how people REAL change or how you remember someone looking like and they aren't even close to it anymore.  I remember when Tim Patton, Dawn's former husband, started to date Dawn and how beautiful/stylish she was.  How everbody thought how lucky she was to get a Patton and how tall she was.  Well, totally different now - I think she was shorter than me and kind of frumpy.  And to think she thought I would remember her....I have a hard enough time with names - nevermind if I haven't seen you in over 20 years and you look totally different!

Pictures from NY trip

No comments:

Post a Comment