Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Foster Kittens Update

So, on August 7, we took the kittens back to the shelter to stay overnight while we went out of town.  Sonny was getting sick, so we left them there until Tuesday when the vet could look at them.

Tuesday, I stopped up to pick them up and they weighed enough to get fixed so they stayed.  On Sunday (the 14th) we stopped by to visit the Mobile Adoption Unit and found out that the kittens were back at the shelter but quarantined  because they thought they might be getting sick again.  So, I called the shelter and asked if they needed for us to take them for awhile.  YEP!

We went up and picked them up within 30 minutes of calling.  Friday (the 19th), I had to go back to the shelter to get Erythromycin for Sonny - he got really sick again.  Fortunately, he is MUCH better and I think ready for the shelter.

They are scheduled to go back to the shelter on Saturday.  This has been a great experience.  We definitely are not ready for adopting an animal yet.  The kittens are in their CRAZY stage.  It's kind of nice not having the time restraints and responsibility.

Maybe fostering is our new calling.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment