Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Entry for November 07, 2006

Entry for November 07, 2006

11/07/2006 09:03 am
0 comments
0 trackbacks
0 Pageviews Is it wrong that I don't vote?



Every year the boss says to me - you should vote - it's your right as an American. Isn't it my right NOT to vote also?



I also don't complain about politics. Meaning - I don't choose the person who's making the decisions, I shouldn't complain about the decisions being made.



Why don't I vote - it's all political and the people who are running say what they think you want to hear - or bash the person they are running against. It's a popularity contest. I have my own problems to worry.



I don't mind the growth in Loudoun County - why do you think I chose to live there? Our house has almost doubled in value in 4 years. I made $75,000 on my townhouse 4 years ago. So what if it leads to more traffic - that's what happens with growth. If you don't like it, leave. Same with the overall government - if you don't like it, leave the country. Because of the government, my husband has a job with VERY good benefits.



Maybe if I wasn't happy with the government, I would vote - or believe my vote really counts and makes a difference.



OK - off my soapbox. Just needed to get it off my chest - I just hate it when the boss tries to influence your personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment