Thursday, June 26, 2008

Santa Monica trip - so far

Jun 26, 2008


Santa Monica trip - so far

It's Thursday - 7:30 PST - and time is going fast! I'll probably add more to this when I get more time!
******
Monday
Well – can't get away one day without work. I had to stop in and "download" a couple of things. Luckily, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

The flight was good. I sat next to this guy, Frank, who was really nice and not annoying at all with this talking (like some people might be) – we had a good conversation.

Finally landed at 8:30 (5:30 PST) or so and got to the hotel at 9:30 (6:30 PST). I met up with Anna, from our Orlando office and we had dinner together at the hotel restaurant.

My hotel room is nice and has a balcony – not a great view though (check out the pictures)! LOL!






Tuesday
My morning didn't start well. I was trying to get my travel hairspray to work. It hasn't been used for a while, so I used my tweezers to poke the hole – and ended up pricking my index finger on my left hand. The weird thing – it's turned purple like the circulation has been cut off! YIKES! It actually feels a little better today, but still feels weird.



The training is going well. I have done the one "testing" before for your style patterns. I am an Analyzer/Stabilizer. The training is helping just because it is reminding me what/how I need to deal with the other personalities. One thing that was said was "you should always refer to this manual – at least weekly for 10 minutes a day" I think I will start doing that and maybe life at work will be easier.

Last night 5 of us went down to 3rd Street which is where all of the action is – it's basically an outside shopping center. Man – the diversity you see down there! We ended up going to Barney's which was a bar. Great food! I didn't want to stay out too late – and wanted to do some shopping, but ended up getting back here around 10 p.m. (late!) and no shopping done at all – I'm hoping to go down there tonight to get some shopping done. It'll probably be alone. I think everyone else wants to go to dinner/drinks.

One thing that is cool at 3rd Street is the greenery that is there – they are shaped like animals. There is also a lot of street musicians. I'm hoping to get some pics of the greenery.


Today the training was about dealing with the other styles and how they react to situations.

Thursday
So yesterday, Mycokerewards.com had double points on 12-pk. Of course, I didn't get to input the codes until 9 p.m. PST – so it was showing at 10 points! AAAGGGGHHHH!!!! I've e-mailed customer service and explained I'm on the west coast this week – so we will see!

We ended up going to 3rd street again last night, but I still didn't any shopping done. I definitely need to get some done today! I'm thinking of maybe going to the pier/beach. The van driver last night drove us down by there. He had picked me up the night before and we had a good conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment