So, I’m missing my blogging about everyday life. I thought I was going to blog in Facebook & Myspace, but that hasn’t happened. I enjoy sharing my “frugal” stories and this blog was going to be just about that, but then I figured, there are a lot of friends who aren’t on Facebook or MySpace and still want to know what’s going on.
Our life is pretty boring, but every once in awhile we have some fun and interesting things going on, sometimes just funny stories.
I think what started me thinking about this is last weekend – we had a lot of fun (along with celebrating my bday!). My nephew, VJ, stopped to visit on his way back from Florida on Thursday night. Friday, Dan took off from work and the three of us went to dinner at Red Robin and then to Jaxx to see ZO2 & Kix. Why Red Robin for dinner – coupon for a FREE burger for my birthday, of course! Bonus – free sundae, balloons & the waiters singing to me. Double bonus – the manager handed out scratch-offs for a future promo and we got ANOTHER free burger (and 2 free drinks)!
ZO2 & Kix were great! I would have loved to seen ZO2 play longer. Kix was the same as ALWAYS! Same show as 15 years ago.
Saturday, we FINALLY got up and around about 12 noon, went to the grocery store and got items for our neighbors (Dan & Stephanie's) for a cookout. Then it was time smores at our house! It was the me & the boys, with the newest boy, Jackson (Dan & Stephanie's baby). I'm sure that will be the first of MANY visits to our house. VJ headed home around 10 pm. Although the visit was short, it was great to see him.
Sunday, we just hung out and then mid afternoon, headed to Maggiano's for a late lunch/early dinner. Oh, and the reason for Maggiano's, a $10 off coupon! I was amazed that we walked right in and were seated. I so expected to have to wait. Right after we sat down, a family with 2 tweens sat in the booth behind us - the reason I mention this - the one girl was moody and like any sister, the other girl was giving her a hard time about it. Then finally the girl got in a better mood and the next thing you know, they are singing Tic Toc. Oh, but they couldn't say "bottle of Jack" so they were saying toothpaste. LOL!
Then we stopped for a couple of groceries and then at Dairy Queen for buy one get one free Blizzards (birthday coupon). We came home and chilled.
Oh, besides all of the free food for the birthday - PRESENTS! It was a MUSIC birthday! Dan gave me one present before the concert - because it was ZO2! He knew I would want to buy the CD at the concert. What he didn't expect, was that they had the DVD of Z Rock. I said to Dan "you want to get the DVD?" and he said "no" I'm like "WHAT?" He said "Look at me - no" Then I realized - BECAUSE he got it for me for my birthday! So when we got home from the concert, he gave it to me. On Sunday, Dan gave me Charm City Devils. Tuesday, I got a $50 Itunes card from my former boss, Stephanie.
It was a really good birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment