Sunday, September 12, 2010

Winding down the summer of 2010

(Below post was written while on vacation - doing some catching up)


Here it is September 1. The summer has flown by and now it’s the time for regimens and starting over.

August was fun with the family visiting. With both of our names in the ticket lottery, my sister-in-law, Joanne, won tickets to the Antiques Roadshow in DC. My brother, Vincent; Joanne; & my niece, Maegan came down on Thursday (August 19) and stayed through Monday. Friday was just hanging out at the mall, Saturday was the show and Sunday was the movies.

Friday night, Joanne & I went and got our toes done at the nail spa in our neighborhood. Something interesting happened. Out of the blue, the manager asked Joanne what religion was she. I’m not sure if Joanne had said something to make her ask (I didn’t hear anything) or if Joanne had her cross necklace on. I just never in my wildest dreams imagined Joanne being into church as much as Mom or Aunt Helen ever were – it’s all good.

Saturday was a REAL early day – we headed downtown to DC by 7:30 am to get to the convention center by 9 am. We dropped Vincent & Joanne off and the three of us headed to Madame Tussaud’s wax museum. Of course, it didn’t open until 10 am and we were there REAL early, so we did some geocaching. No luck on the one that was supposed to be directly across from the museum, but did the virtual one at Ford’s Theater.

Madame Toussad’s was fun. Almost as soon as we finished the tour, Joanne had texted Mae that their junk was junk and to come pick them up. I was really surprised that it had only taken them about 2 hours. We picked them up and then headed back to the International Spy Museum. After that, we had lunch at Rosa Mexicano’s, then headed home.

Sunday we all went to the movies, mostly because I wanted to see Eclipse and Mae was going with me. Everyone else went to see the Expendables. Dinner was at Buffalo Wing Factory and some shopping at Best Buy & AC Moore rounded out the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment