I guess I should start with the excitement - come to find out, we have a potential terrorist in our neighborhood. He was arrested yesterday morning. By yesterday afternoon it was all over the news. So the neighborhood was a buzz yesterday while I was at work.
Last night, VJ and I went to dinner and decided on Glory Days - somewhere new for him and so we could watch the Caps game. As we got out of the car, who's walking into the restaurant, but my good friend, SB and her boyfriend, MS. So we had dinner with them. VJ & MS got along great because of their obsessions with cars, while SB & I got to chat.
We finally got home probably about 9 pm, then VJ decided he wanted to start a fire in the firepit. How many Clarks does it take to start a fire - more than two plus a firestarter block. I kept on saying, "I'm not taking you on Survivor" & "I don't know how Dan starts the fire", "Check on the internet", "we're still going to be trying to start the fire when Dan gets home". Just not something either one of us learned growing up (of course, I DON'T camp, so no need to know how to start a fire). I was impressed that VJ stayed calm and kept trying.
Needless to say, last night was a late night, but worth it. If it wasn't for work, I would have stayed up later.
1:50 pm - another link regarding the terrorist in the neighborhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment