Last week, I noticed that the jeep didn't have any pickup. One of the icons came on - but only for like a second. I had a feeling that the catalytic convertor was going. I had a Camaro that did the same thing. I told Dan and our plan was to drop it off at Goodyear on Friday morning. Well, the jeep didn't make it.
I was driving to work - probably about miles from the house and the Jeep wouldn't go over 30 miles an hour. So I made it to Goodyear and called Dan to come pick me up. He took me to work and within an hour, Goodyear called and said it was exactly what I thought, but they found other items too (of course!). So Dan picked me up at 1 am and we drove the car to the dealer. Dan said he started to follow me, didn't think about it and got right up on my tail! Nice - it was taking forever to get up to speed and I felt like a granny with everyone passing me.
We dropped the car off, stopped at Roy's for lunch and then Dan went off to work and I started working from home. Luckily, Westfield is on top of the traveling computer connection and it was just like I was in the office. I might have actually gotten more done than I would have in the office ; ) Jeep called and said that the Jeep will be done by Friday because they can't get the part until Thursday - nice. In the meantime, I'm without a car and I'll be working half days in the office/half days at home. I asked about a loaner car and they said that none were available until next week and they don't have a shuttle service (only locally).
The pups were pretty good at letting me do some work. About 4 pm, Esa was looking to go for a walk, but I held her off for about another 45 minutes.
After the pups' walk, I decided to walk over to CVS since that was the original plan today. When I went to CVS on Sunday, I forgot a couple of my coupons. I made out! The total transaction was $2.25!
Here's the breakdown:
- 4 Dole Fruit Bowls - 3/$5 minus (2) $1 off 2 coupons
- 4 Simply Asia soup - 88 cents each minus (2) $1 off 2 coupons
- 2 Kellogg's cereal cups - $1 each minus (2) $1 off 1 coupons
- 1 Diet Coke - $1.79 minus CVS you select coupon - $2 off
- used $3 in Extra Care Buck
WOOHOO! Every once in awhile I have a good shopping trip like this. But then, I'll have $50 shopping trips there too (but with about that much in savings in the trip too). This is a realistic extreme coupon trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment