We had a great day today. We got up kind of early because the hikers next door were outside and Zed was barking/growling at them, then Esa wanted to go out to see them. Dan took the kids for their morning walk and I got ready. While Dan was taking his shower, I went over to the office and checked out their continental breakfast. Not what either one of us were expecting:
Seriously? Little Debbie snack cakes? You can't go to Food Lion and get bagels? So we stopped at Exxon across the street and got some prepackaged muffins - definitely better than the Little Debbie snacks.
We then headed to Lexington to the Visitor's Center. They had a travel bug hotel in the center, so Dan signed the log. We then went to Woods Creek Trail.
We didn't have any luck with the first cache, but found 5 other ones. Dan even went back to the first one to see if he could find it again. Woods Creek was a great trail. As the name suggests, there's a creek and obviously, it was hot because Esa got in the water! She shocked both of us.
We walked a good 2.5 miles. At the end, we headed towards the car and both of us had a mini-heart attack - we couldn't see the car. Seriously, we were probably 500 feet away and couldn't see the car. I didn't see it until I got to the edge of the parking lot. It was pulled in so far that the 2 cars beside it, hid it.
Then it was back to the hotel where me and the kids hung out while Daddy-o continued with the geocaching. We took a little nap (ok, I took the littl nap and the kids took a big nap and are still tired).
Dan came back after his 500th find (his goal by his birthday) and then we ordered dinner for delivery. YUMMY! We got food from Original Italian Restaurant. Dan got the sausage and peppers dinner (spaghetti, salad and bread) and I got a side salad and a small stromboli which wasn't that small! OMG - it was wonderful!
We are going to go get ice cream at the trailer that is next to the hotel in a few. Tomorrow, we'll just be heading home and maybe stopping along the way to get a cache or two, but since Dan got his 500th find, he's cool with just heading home.
I hope you had a great trip. The Italian dinner sounds wonderful
ReplyDelete