What a busy weekend!
Yesterday was the community yard sale. Tons of stuff to get rid of, but only made $51.75. Better than nothing - I never expect to make much on yard sales. I just want to make something and then donate everything else. I am starting my online sales again. We'll see how that goes. I kept whatever I think I can sell online (books, music, video, "old" stuff).
Today was the Great Strides walk. We went to the Leesburg, VA walk instead of the Elliott City, MD since the Ehrie's are now in California. Fundraising went well. Dan raised $325 and I raised $400.
I am very sore right now and was tired on the walk, but it is so worth it. I kept thinking about Grace and everything she goes through everyday to stay healthy. Esa and Zed did great on the walk. It was a little humid so Esa was panting alot. We had to stop several times for water. This was her first long walk since being diagnosed with Lyme disease, so I'm sure she was tired because of that too. On the way back, we tired to find 3 geocaches, but Dan only found one. When we stopped, Esa laid down and was so tired, I was able to let go of her leash without fear of her taking off. She even saw a squirrel and didn't move!
We stopped at Roy Rogers and grabbed lunch to bring home and then Dan went to work. The pups and I took about a 2 hour nap (and the pups have been napping more too). So much for the other things I wanted to do today (grocery store, drop off recycling, drop off donations)! I've spend the rest of the day updating my online sales on Amazon.
I did talk to my nephew - he's coming down the first weekend in June on his way back from NC. Woohoo! Perfect timing too - there's a concert I want to go to that weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment