Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Becoming Betty - Italian Red Wine Roast Beef

So I knew I wanted to make pot roast for dinner.  The plan was the "regular" pot roast with potatoes, carrots, onions, and dumplings.  Well, so much for that plan when you don't have beef broth!

Then, I thought - there was a recipe that wanted to try that was a "three packet" recipes.  Once again, didn't have everything. 😡 Now I could have gone out and got what I needed, but I figured, "Let's check Pinterest first. Maybe there will be a recipe that I have all of the ingredients for on there."


I had to check if the wine we had was red wine.  We end up getting wine as gifts and neither one of us drink wine.  Luckily, it was! 

First step - opening the wine.  I've NEVER opened a wine bottle before.  Yes, we have a wine opening that we also got as a gift.



SUCCESS!

The recipe was really easy.  I did have to look up Majoran - why didn't you just say Oregano!

Ready to cook!

This roast smelled so good all day long!

And the done meal!


This was SSSOOO GOOD!

Now, what do I do with the rest of the wine?


No comments:

Post a Comment