Anyway - then I got asked to do a review of Lisa's book, 10 day detox. I will say this - I am not a good diet follower. I have read the book and decided - I can at least try some of these recipes! I am a terrible eater. I know I need to eat better, but ...
So I figure I can at least do the day stuff Monday through Friday. I'm not sure hubby would even try any of the recipes.
Here's what happened -
Monday breakfast - I had to skip this because I didn't go grocery shopping yet since getting back from vacation.
Monday lunch - watercress salad
This was good and easy to make. It was a little messy because I had never cut a grapefruit (I've always cut in half and spooned out) or an avocado. The greens didn't seem to be equal to the avocado and grapefruit, so if I do this one again, I might add more greens.
I didn't do either snack.
Day 2
Breakfast - Great Start Cereal
I have never had quinoa, but have heard a lot of recipes with it.
Unfortunately, I didn't do the "make ahead" part, so it took some time to prepare. I already had flax seed, but it was with chia seeds. So, my recipe is a little different. I also only did 1 serving compared to the 4 servings in the directions.
Not bad! Easy to make. There is an option to add coconut milk. I thought it was fine without it.
I ate about half of it. It was kind of greasy with the coconut oil and the cinnamon made it a little spicy. I know part of the reason for only eating about half is because of my taste buds are not used to the foods.
Lunch - spinach salad
Luckily, I love fresh spinach. This salad looks good and it is!
Day 3
We went out with friends last night for dinner and I ate way too much, so I didn't eat breakfast and figured I'd try the Glorious Green smoothie for lunch.
I have no idea if I'm going to like this or if I "peeled" the orange correctly. That's how I eat them so, why not put them membrane in it.
So, I drank maybe 5 sips of this. Too chunky with the orange membrane. I think it would otherwise be easier to go down. I mixed this in my 1950's blender on low and it did well.
That was the end of the recipes I tried. My stomach started feeling funky again. However, Lisa makes following this cleanse so easy. Recipes are easy, items can be found in your local grocery store, and she gives you options if you don't like the recipes that are in the basic 10 day cleanse.
I may try this again. The recipes were good, just need to get the taste buds used to them.






No comments:
Post a Comment