Friday, December 4, 2015

Becoming Betty: twice baked potatoes

I know! How have I never made these before?  How about no leftover baked potatoes?

Dan made a couple of extra earlier in the week and I'm at the point where I just don't want to cook/eat the same old, same old.  So I looked up recipes for twice baked potatoes and came to this recipe:


Since the recipe calls for 4 potatoes, I cooked them first, then warmed up the leftovers.

Yea - the first potatoes carving didn't go as planned.  That ok, still plenty of shells to go!

Second one didn't go smoothly either!

Time for the backup plan - twice baked potato casserole!  Found this recipe and kind of went back and forth between the two.


See you later skins!


Then I realize - no bacon bits! I've NEVER cooked bacon before!

Made it through that crisis then realized we didn't have enough sour cream!  It's supposed to be 1 cup.

Sous Chef was right there by my side though!

No matter what, he'll eat it!

Still not sure about this - 

I hope this ends up well....

AND.....


SUCCESS!

Hubby liked it, I liked it, and Z liked it!








No comments:

Post a Comment