Tuesday, November 7, 2017

What if you did live your life like the gurus say?

So I think it was last year, I started reading Living like Oprah. I started it towards the end of vacation and never finished it.  Yesterday, I went to a seminar about picturing the life you want, have a dream book, meditate to reach those goals, have a dream book, etc.

I was thinking today, what if you did do all of those things that gurus say to do?  Is there enough time in the day?  Think about it
Sleep - 8 hours
Work - 8 hours (and let’s now forget lunch time and your commute)
Work out - 20 minutes
Meals - 1 hour 30 minutes ( you know, you are supposed to eat slow)
There’s almost 18 hours

And then you are supposed to work on yourself
Reading - 30 minutes
Journaling - 30 minutes
Mediating - 30 minutes
There’s 19.5 hours

Let’s not forget the dog
Walk dog - 40 minutes

Oh I forgot preparing dinner - that’s at least 30 minutes.

Then there’s preparing for the next day - 30 minutes

There”s about 22 hours and that’s just off the top of my head!

Long story short, definitely need to figure out what works for you. I like my 8(or even more) hours of sleep  (including a nap). I enjoy walking the dog for more than 40 minutes a day. I WISH I could read more and journal more. I have a hard enough time with doing it let alone 30 minutes!

So, what do I choose dto do? I just it just depends on how I feel. Right now, I feel like it’s time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment