Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Entry for March 21, 2006

Entry for March 21, 2006

03/21/2006 08:20 pm
0 comments
0 trackbacks
0 Pageviews

So far birthday week has been good.



Sunday, Dan gave me two items that were on my Creative Memories wish list.



Monday started great with a surprise call from my "adopted" parents - Ted & Ginny Johnson. They were my "adopted' parents even when the parents were around! I basically spend EVERYDAY at their house up until I moved to VA - and I mean EVERYDAY. I found out that Ted & Ginny actually called the house and woke Dan up first - no one lead on until I said to Dan - they called the house first didn't they!



Monday evening - dinner at Chipotle and then the hockey game. Montreal won - which I figured would happen. The Caps haven't been doing well. Our seats were great. They weren't where I thought they would be - I thought we were going to be close to the end of the Montreal bench and ended up being closer to the Caps bench and behind the box that the cameraman is in - USUALLY - BUT - no cameraman last night so we had an AWESOME VIEW! Check out the pictures that I took - the batteries on the camera started to die, so I didn't get as many as I wanted, but good enough! BEWARE - some of the pictures ARE blurry - a couple of times as soon as the camera came on, I was able to click and not even know if I got anything - LOL! I DID get a pretty good shot of a body check that happened RIGHT in front of us.



Today has been good too - Stephanie, my boss, got me a cloth makeup bag. Co-worker, Christina bought me a Strawberries & Cream Frappaccino from Starbucks (YUMMY!).



The best - I called Helen and just had to hint a little - She asked where I was (Work); then I asked "Do you know what day it is?" No response. I say "March 21"; She says "It's someone's birthday!" Then she starts apoligizing that she didn't send me a card - she didn't get out last week, but she probably could have when to the gift shop downstairs - LOL! HEELLLOOO - you fell and went to the hospital????? NO - I didn't say that - just thought it.



Anyway, I said, well, you can sing to me then - she started singing the traditional happy birthday; I said what about the church way - so she started singing it - she didn't realize it - but I started to tear up. Tears of joy and precious moments. She's the only one that has sung the church birthday song since moving down to VA, so it's special.



Friday is lunch with the co-workers. It was supposed to be a surpise, but Stephanie let me in on it today. Chris was planning it and planned on taking me to Picante's. He didn't even lead on yesterday when I told him that's where I went on Friday - AND I made the comment about not hearing about any plans yet. Stephanie said that Chris was ALL happy that I liked the place.



Anyway - now the day is winding down - I'll be spending the rest of the evening - sitting in front of the TV with Babe.



Oh - VJ did make it by on Friday (for like 10 minutes - and I got my first gift EVER from him (that he bought with his own money)! It's a Disney hockey puck - so fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment