Saturday, March 25, 2006

Entry for March 25, 2006

Entry for March 25, 2006

03/25/2006 06:59 pm
0 comments
0 trackbacks
0 Pageviews

Lunch at Picante's with the co-workers was fun yesterday.



Chris had called the restaurant to tell them that we were coming. After we ordered, the owners came by and told us the history of the restaurant and about expansion plans. After we ate, they showed us the kitchen, the catering kitchen and the future catering kitchen and takeout window. Within a month or so, they will be taking over the bar area of Sully's and Sully's will be shrinking. The owner of Picante's said that Sully's were going to get rid of the bands. I've checked with Evick and they said no, Sully's is still having bands.



Today, I received a call from my cousin, John, that lives in Florida. His wife is the daughter of my grand uncle, on my grandmother's side (Clark, maiden name Crandall). Anyway, Dan and I met John and Nancy on our honeymoon. To tell you the truth, I can't remember exactly how they got a hold of me. I must have sent a letter to Nancy's dad and I think they were going through his things and found it. Anyway - Dan and I had a blast with them and their sons when we visited. Since then, we've chatted every once in a while. Nancy passed away a couple of years ago from cancer, but I still send John a christmas letter. John didn't sound too good on the phone - I can tell that he's lonely - he even said that and that he hates his apartment. He did say that he goes to church almost every day and volunteers there. The reason why he called is that he has a bible that he believes is from the Clark side of the family and that he's going to send it to me. Cool! He said that it's missing the cover, but we could always have it rebound. I think I'm going to send him a replacement bible - I could tell that he was kind of having a hard time sending it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment