Entry for October 05, 2007.
10/05/2007 11:22 am
0 comments
0 trackbacks
0 Pageviews..Caps first game of the season is tonight! WOOHOO! Tomorrow, we'll be going to the first home game (our yearly tradition).
Degrassi's season starts tonight too - what do I watch? The game or the show? It'll probably be tape Degrassi with flipping to the game during commercials.
Besides the game this weekend, we need to give Esa a bath, have her training at 2 p.m. tomorrow and then pancake breakfast at the firehouse on Sunday. BUSY, BUSY, BUSY.
We've put off giving Esa a bath long enough - she hates it and almost bit Dan last time. If it doesn't go well this time, it'll be to the groomer's she goes.
Yesterday was an interesting day at work. I had a run-in with TSA employees and dealings with the former boss.
I went to visit the owners of the flower shop that we have in baggage claim. Their area is open where you can walk through the shop to get to a lower level. It's not meant as a cut through though. Anyway - As we were standing there – TSA employees were constantly cutting through the space and there isn’t that much room between the counter and display case So – being the trouble maker that I am - I “closed” of the back with the stanchions that were in the area (I think the tenant use them when they are closed). I also mentioned/asked the TSA Supervisor to please have his employees go around and not cut through. TSA was “meeting” in the lower area so he was right there.
I redirected probably 15 TSA employees to go around and BOY DID I GET DIRTY LOOKS! One guy (twice my size) was RIGHT in my face and basically threatened me saying “Do you really want to do this today?” Of course, I said YES! (I did let him by though! J). He kept mouthing me saying, you don’t have the right, etc., etc., etc. Damn TSA employees think they own the airport! How would they like it if someone walked right through their house as a cutthrough?
That was the first issue. Then when I finally got back, there was a message from the former boss asking if I could send her letter templates that we use. She started off the message "I know I told you you really shouldn't do this BUT....." I had a feeling it would be ok, but checked with the new boss to confirm. Not a problem. Of course, SP called a couple of times before I sent them. We're a person short here - I can't just jump when she asks (don't have to anymore since she's not the boss!) THEN she asked to send a LEASE template! There's no way! We don't even give the lease out to local managers! I called the new boss and confirmed again and he agreed - ask legal for that, not us. So SP seemed to accept that answer when I e-mailed her. She e-mailed that she would call legal, but said that since Westfield puts it in proposals that it's considered public knowledge. Whatever.
So even though SP is gone, she's still calling us for support and we're (or should I say I'm) still dealing with her. I'm excited that Darren (the new boss) is starting next week. We've already talked about "reorganizing" the office procedures (who does what) and hopefully get me out of some of the admin stuff I still do. I've given SM the heads up that Darren will be giving her more responsiblity.
No comments:
Post a Comment