Tuesday, April 19, 2011

C-A-P-S, CAPS, CAPS, CAPS! and a miracle Saturday

Last Wednesday, a work acquaintance called and asked if I would be interested in tickets to Friday's game.  HELL YEAH! 

JH & I had never met, but have had e-mail and phone chats about the Caps starting about a month ago when she found out that I'm a huge Caps fan.  So Friday night, we finally got to meet and chatted the whole night.  JH & her boyfriend have season tickets and the people next to them were selling their tickets.  These seats are 3 rows up from the Capitals bench!  WOOHOO!

It was a great game - being able to get some good pictures of the players AND I GOT A PUCK!  They were switching out the game puck and it was given to Smitty, the trainer, so I did hand signals and mo, "Can I have it?"  He mouthed "You want it?" and threw it over the glass to me!  The guy in front of me grabbed it (because he was taller), but handed it to me.  I think because he knew JH & her boyfriend.  So it was all cool.

Hopefully, we'll get to go to another game, but if not, that will be our last game of the year : (

Saturday was a miracle.  Why you ask?  I slept in until 11 am and DH & the pups slept in until 11:30 am!  IT'S A MIRACLE!  Esa did wake up at 8:30 am (which is late to begin with), so her and Zed went outside.  Zed did a pitstop, but Esa didn't make it off of the top back step before it started to rain, so back in she came.  I said "OK, everyone back to bed".  Upstairs we went and back to sleep.  AMAZING!  Too bad this can't happen more often!  It was great being able to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment