Ancestry.com has Civil War records available for free this week (April 7 to 14). Whenever they have the free days, I take advantage of it. I spent the majority of Saturday searching on the website. This time, I was able to figure out information regarding my great grandmother family on my dad's side (my grandmother's mom). Mattie passed away when my grandmother was 11 years old. I ordered her death certificate so was able to get her parent's information from that. I was able to find info on her parents (Francis Brown & Emily Davis). I was able to link census records and some military records.
The crazy thing about all of this family tree information is that I have received 2 messages from other people on Ancestry.com about Dan's family tree. I'm surprised I've only gotten 1 message regarding my family tree.
Sunday was all about taxes. What a pain in the butt, but a necessary evil. Thank goodness for H&R Block software! It definitely makes it easier, but if you don't answer a question right, you're screwed. Which is what I almost did - thank you very much - I looked at the form online and I realized that something wasn't right, so went in and fixed it. Still the end product is that we have to pay over $2,000 in taxes (bbbboooooo). I kind of screwed us over by not making as many cash donations as we did in 2009 because I thought I would be out of a job. Then at the end of the year, I still thought I was going to be out of a job (by the end of January) and didn't even think about the deductions by that time. Also my IRA was changed to a ROTH IRA and we had to pay taxes on that. BBBBLLLLAAAAHHHHH!!! Anyway, lesson learned (once again), I am not going to worry about money until it stops coming in. Along with not putting my life on hold because I don't know what's going to happen with my job.
Esa is still not using her right rear leg 100%. We put her on anti-inflammatory meds (left over from Zed) and will see if that helps (we hope so). If that doesn't help, we will need to take her to the emergency vet to see if they can find out anything.
The last two days I have been stiff too. I must have slept wrong or something. Yesterday I was hurting in the morning, but then loosened up by mid-morning. Today was worse. I ended up getting a massage first thing this morning and stopped at the chiropractor this evening.
My brother is doing well. He started chemo last Wednesday and it is helping him feel better although he has had bad days since then too.
No comments:
Post a Comment