Today's entry was about thinking back when you were 10 years old. That is an age where you are yourself. This is kind of a hard one. Can I really remember what I was like at 10 years old?
Things I know/remember:
- I was in 5th grade
- 1st year at the Middle School
- My brother, Brett, graduated that year
- My sister-in-law, Joanne, was introduced to the family that year at Brett's graduation party. I was the first one of the family she met since I went with Vincent to pick her up. :)
- I know I did well in school & remember quiet a bit (5th grade).
- Favorite/teachers I remember: Mrs. Crowe, Mr. Quakenbush, Mrs Bellinotti, Mr. LaBarron, Mrs. Muraski, Mrs. Wigger.
- I was in a reading/book report class that I really enjoyed (only select students got to be in this).
- This was my first year in band playing clarinet.
- I don't remember the second half of being 10/6th grade. I hated school that year and didn't go much. One of my schoolmates posted a picture of her 6th grade homeroom on facebook - I was in the picture and didn't even remember being in that homeroom.
- I think this was around the time I knew I wanted to work in administrative. I'm pretty sure by this time in my life, I was playing with my aunt's typewriter and helping her with churck administrative stuff.
- My Aunt Helen picked me up almost everyday from school in her red Ford Comet, "Strawberry" (which I named).
Top News of 1979
No comments:
Post a Comment