Monday, September 17, 2012

Adventures: Volunteering with the Shelter this Weekend

Friday night and Saturday morning, I volunteering with the Animal Shelter on the truck.  Friday night was a special adoption event at Zinga in Ashburn which was right down the road from our house.  It was a madhouse (which was great)!  Zinga is usually really busy on the weekends.  Anyway, one of the dogs that was there and available for adoption was Mocha (see below).

We got to spend some time together Friday night - I walked her around and she was wonderful.  She let everyone pet her and was not affected by the crowds at all.  She even gave me kisses.

Saturday, I got to spend more time with her at Unleashed in Sterling where the truck is every Saturday from 9 to 11 am (which I have been faithfully volunteering at this summer).



What a WONDERFUL dog.  She is pretty good on the leash.  She did pull a little, but not crazy.  I could see her jumping the fence, but you can tell that she is just very curious.  Probably nothing much walking could resolve.  She was fine getting brushed (ton of thick, soft fur on her) and loved it when I gave her a massage.  We walked around several times during the 2 hours and she eventually just laid down and hung out.

Her pet peeves - she didn't like the cages at all in the truck.  She was just shaking away. :( She is VERY house trained.  She would not go the bathroom in her run (that has an indoor & outdoor section) at the shelter.  They have to walk her.

Today (Monday) and I went to the website to grab her profile and it says she's adopted!  WOOHOO!  On Saturday, a guy was looking at her and said he was serious about her and was going to go check with his family.

The more time I spend with her, the more I wondered if she was a chow mix and even 9 years old.  She definitely didn't seem 9 years old.  I was wondering if she was a Shibu Inu mix.

Just a wonderful, wonderful dog.  I hope she has found her forever home.

No comments:

Post a Comment