My nephew came down from NY on Sunday. Luckily he made it before the storm and is hanging out until Wednesday.
We made it through the storm, but Esa has had cabin fever since Sunday evening! She didn't care if it was raining or windy - she still wanted her walks and to go outside. Zed, on the other hand, was more than comfortable hanging out on the couch. We had to push him outside a couple of times so that he could go the bathroom.
There doesn't seem to be any damage to the house - for once! Since living in our house, we have replaced the fascia & secured it better due to other storms.
I did go into work for a couple of hours yesterday and did a walkthrough to make sure all of the tenants were set. I got to see something we don't see very often - a VERY empty airport and planes lined up ready for the wind.
![]() |
| A very empty Dulles (sideways) |
![]() |
| Planes lined up for the wind. |
When I got home, we ordered chinese food and just hung out. We were very lucky that we only had the lights flicker a couple of times, but that was it! I'm happy we were able to get on the internet & watch TV!
Dan stayed home. Which I was happy about since he would be driving home in some bad winds.
We hunkered down in the basement when the winds started and watch "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol". Pretty good movie.
Today, I am at work, but it is very slow. United canceled flights, so half of the airport is empty. Right now, it's just rainining. Zed still wasn't in for the walk. He made it to the corner and then Dan let him off of the leash and he went running back home.


No comments:
Post a Comment