I DO know that NHL will lose alot of fans either way - whether they have some sort of season or no season at all. The last lockout when the missed a whole season ended in a LOT of fans "leaving". Needless to say, I miss my hockey. We had 5th row seats this season for the 5 games we did buy.
Part of the package we bought included tickets to the AHL Showcase that happened last night between the Hershey Bears (the Caps minor league team) and the Norfolk Admirals (Anaheim Ducks minor team). We got to sit in our 5th row seats last night and FINALLY got to see some hockey!
| from our seats (before the game) |
I expected the Verizon Center to be full since I'm sure there are Capitals (or even just NHL) fans out there "jonesing" for some live hockey. Not so - the "Phone Booth" might, MIGHT have been half full. Sad. And it's not like Capitals fans do not know the players - 2 of the players last night have been up on the Caps roster.
It was fun to finally see the Hershey Bears. There were so many penalties - it dragged the game out. It just seemed much slower than NHL.
There wasn't that much merchandise, but they did have showcase merchandise. We picked up a puck and a pin (which I will be making into a magnet).
No comments:
Post a Comment