Friday, December 14, 2012

Becoming Betty Crocker: That was pot roast?

The plan last night was steak and baked potatoes.  I went hunting in the freezers (refrigerator freezer & the chest freezer) for the steaks that we bought on Sunday and couldn't find them (OK - so I didn't look that hard), but found what I thought was steak (just really thick pieces with no bones).

Thawed them and still thought they were just really thick pieces with no bones.  Started cooking them, and realized - hey, look at that!  We had pot roast in the freezer that we didn't know we had!

So, change in plans - Pot Roast in a skillet for dinner.  I just kept adding water to it and then cut it into about 6 pieces.

It was ok.  Would have been better in the crockpot!

Note to self - next time LABEL the baggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment