Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Becoming Betty Crocker: Baked Chicken Enchiladas

I decided to try another one of the Easy, Peasy Recipes.  This time, it was Baked Chicken Enchiladas. 

Now, I learned from the Sausage Calzones that the cooking cream can be a little too much "sauce", so I was careful this time.  Once I mixed the chicken, cheese & sauce, there was a LOT of sauce left over.  The recipe called for the remainder of the sauce to be poured on top of the wraps.

 
The sous chefs watching and cleaning plates.
 

Half way done - wraps with the chicken mixture.  I did change the recipe a little - no beans and added onions.  Oh - I cheated a little on the chicken - I used my Tupperware Stacker  to cook it.

 
Pre-oven with only a little of the sauce spread on it and topped with cheese.

 
The sous chefs wouldn't stay out of the kitchen while waiting for the oven to heat up.


The finished product!

It was really good!  There was just enough sauce and we had sour cream on top.  There a BUNCH of sauce left over - probably enough for another whole recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment