Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 - The Year of Change

2012 was FULL of emotions when it came to work.  Are we going to win the contract, what do I do if we lose the contract, sitting around with nothing to do because we couldn't start anything, closing everything up, emptying out the office, etc.  Things that I never thought I would need to go through.

Everything happens for a reason.  As of today, I am unemployed.  I chose not to even apply for the incoming company.  It would have been a "given" job.  Nothing wrong with that, but I have been at the same company for 14 years and have done EVERYTHING.  If I took the job with the incoming company, yes it would be a new challenge, but I've been there, done that.  This is my opportunity to concentrate on me and figure out what I want to do next.

So while I'm looking for a job, I will be concentrating on (not in any particular order, except finding a job is number 1):
  • organizing & taking care of the house
  • taking care of hubby & the pups
  • taking care of ME!
  • hobbies (scrapbooking, family tree, blogging, etc)
This leads to some new blog titles!  2013 will include the usual - Adventures, Becoming Betty Crocker, Saturday Savings Summary, Taking Advantage of - but will have the following new titles:
  • D.I.N.K (double income no kids) to O.I.N.K (one income no kids)
    • how we are cutting back expenses & saving money
  • The Housewife Tour 2013
    • the "tour" of the house - cleaning, organizing & maybe some DIY projects
    • taking care of hubby & the pups
    • hobbies updates (maybe daily blog entries???)
  • It's all about me
    • job search, taking care of me, etc
And there it is - 2013 - let's see how this goes.....

1 comment:

  1. Love your outlook, Banana! Happy New Year! Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete