Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Becoming Betty Crocker: Garlic Pork Chops

Note:  below recipe was made on January 18.

After these few weeks of cooking, I realize that pork chops are the hardest things to season - what the heck do you put on top of these things?  Nothing like the "other" white meat (chicken) which is so easy to season - no matter what chicken tastes good.

So, I still have the Philadelphia Cooking Creme in the frig and I'm trying to use it before it expires.  I went to the Kraft Foods website and tried to find a pork recipe using the cooking cream that I have (Savory Garlic or Italian Chese and Herb).  No luck.  The closest recipe I could find was this one for Creamy Mustard Pork Chops.

So I thought, maybe I can change it up and use the recipe as a base.  I didn't use any of the first 3 ingredients for the apple mixture or the mustard or parsley.  I cut the cooking creme and milk in half since we only had 2 pork chops.

Guess what - it was good!  At least it was something different to put on the pork chops.  It went well with the garlic mashed potatoes we had (from a box).

No comments:

Post a Comment