Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Adventures in Health: 3 day cleanse

Since my tastebuds have changed within the last 9 months, I've been wondering how my body would react to a cleanse.

One of the products from Youngevity is a 3-day cleanse.  I was a little worried because last night on a couple of Facebook groups people were saying that they did not like the taste of the juice.  The cleanse is pre-bottled so it's easy to do and came in two flavors.  It is supposed to drink a bottle every 2 hours.

First drink up -   Citrus flavored.  Not bad.


The next flavor up, Orange Cinnamon.  I didn't expect a kick at the end of a sip of cinnamon.  Again, not bad.


After the 2nd bottle, my mouth felt a little coated.  After brushing my teeth again, my mouth felt better.

Right now, it's 2 pm and I'm hungry.  I am a little tired and I am drinking a diet coke right now.  I just needed something else besides the drinks and water.

6:13 PM
I am so tired of the drinks.  And I'll admit it - I cheated.  I was so HUNGRY!  I ended up having 2 Grand biscuits which were left over from last night's dinner.  Then I ended up having about an hour nap (much longer than usual).

I'm going to try to get this bottle down, and maybe one more at 8 pm (since that will be 6 bottles for the day).  I kind of got off track with the every 2 hours since I fell asleep around 2:15 pm and didn't wake up until 3:30 pm, then Zed wanted to go for a walk, so I took the next drink at 4 pm.

Thursday - 8 pm
So I have decided that cleanses just aren't for me.  I like to eat something and not just drink.  Yesterday I ended up eating left over pasta about 6:30 pm.  Yet, I still lost 3 lbs yesterday.  Today I made it until about 4 pm and the ate.  I had 3 bottles.  I was on the go today.  I know that that's probably why I was hungry.  Also I have been walking 3 miles on the treadmill.  I read in the online pamphlet that you're not supposed to exercise when you are cleansing.  Also in the pamphlet, it says to drink 1 to 2 bottles per day.  So I will drink what I can tomorrow and continue to drink 1 or 2 until they are gone.  Or I might just extend this cleanse through Saturday.

Friday - 10:30 am
This morning, my stomach does not feel good.  So much so that I don't even want to drink the cleanse, and want to stick to water.  I was only able to walk for 2 miles because my stomach did not feel good.

I'm sure this is part of the process.  My body is getting rid of the junk in it.  Or getting rid of the carbs I have put in it the last couple of days.  I weighed myself today and I am up 2 pounds.  I know it's because of the pasta.  

No comments:

Post a Comment