Sunday, February 1, 2015

Adventures (in Health): Day 32 on Youngevity

As of today, I have been on Youngevity Classic 90 for 32 days!

I started taking approximately 2 tablespoons of Ultimate Classic and 3 capsules of Ultimate EFA daily.

I finally found a good item to mix the Ultimate Classic with - a protein shake.  I first tried taking the Ultimate Classic straight.  YUCK.  The next day, in unsweetened tea - still not that great.  The next day, milk - pretty good!  Then I figured, why not try protein shakes?  YUMMY - even better than milk!

I have been switching between vanilla and strawberry shakes and it's been working out well.  Before that, I never really drank milk, so this is helping me get some extra calcium.  The Ultimate EFA has replaced the 4000 mg of fish oil that I have been taking for the last couple of years (per doctor's order).

Unfortunately, for the last couple of weeks, I have not been doing well with walking on the treadmill.  That will be changing because I have seen my blood pressure going back up (like 130/90).  So January was one positive health item and one negative item.

I think the Ultimate Classic has helped my body digest food better.  I feel more regular and even without taking fiber pills (which I did not take for a while because I ran out).

I'm not the only one in the household taking Youngevity products.  Zed just started taking Healthy Pet Combo.



The first day (and second day), he took the perPetual fine.  He treated it as a treat since it's a chewable pill.  The dose for the ArthryDex 3/4 scoop which I put over his food dry.  Well, it was way too much.  Zed ate it, but then was licking so much afterwards, like he had a cup of peanut butter.  

Here's a picture of him just licking way. 


So after that, I posted to the YGY Pets Facebook group asking how people give their pets ArthryDex.  Several people posted that they mixed it with 1/4 cup water and made a gravy out of it.  The next day, I tried that - MUCH better.  He just ate the gravy straight.

The next step in my health change is that I am going to try doing replacement shakes for lunch.  So many times, I have breakfast around 10 am and then don't think about eating lunch until like 2 pm.  Then I think, I don't want to eat too much - dinner will be soon.



I am also going to try to do a 3 day cleanse.  I'm interested in seeing how my body reacts to a cleanse since I no longer have food cravings.  I'll be blogging about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment