Entry for July 12, 2006 - Zed is Back!
07/12/2006 08:19 pm
0 comments
0 trackbacks
0 Pageviews
MY DAY HAS BEEN MADE - RICHARD ZEDNIK IS COMING BACK TO WASHINGTON!
After a bad day (and week), this has totally made my day. This week has been tough - Sunday, Joanne called at 9 p.m. to say that Helen had a fever and is bedridden. Monday she was the same. Tuesday, I called the nurses station and the fever had broken, but Helen wasn't eating, drinking, or taking medicine.
Tuesday was also a LONG day at work. We had to be in Baltimore at 8 a.m. - we left Dulles at 6 a.m. because we weren't sure how long it would take to get there. I was lucky I actually made it to Dulles on time. I set my alarm for 4:30 PM and not AM! I woke up at 5 a.m. - how? I don't know. We finally got back to the office around 2:30 p.m. Do we get to leave a little early? No.
Today, I had a meeting at National, went into the office, left for national around 10 for a 11 am meeting. The meeting got over around 12:30, went to our office there, went to lunch with Christina & LaTonya and then got back to Dulles around 3 p.m. When I told Stephanie that it took a little bit longer than I expected because I went to lunch with C & L, she rolled her head and eyes back. This is what I put up with at work - I'm allowed a lunch, but lately it's been 15-30 minutes AND interupted at that. After today, I have decided that I am walking out for lunch. I'll have to start taking sandwiches or something that easy to eat on the go and you don't have to heat up.
I was supposed to go to the shelter tonight, but dropped that because I needed to run some errands - shipping of more items I sold on half.com, picking up a Rx, and tried to get a pedicure. The pedicure was to calm me down and de-stress a little. That didn't happen - they were booked, so Friday, I'll be getting that pedicure.
So, came home, got on the computer, called Dan, we were talking about hockey since the schedule was released today. We were talking about going to Montreal for my birthday celebration and maybe about doing some Caps Road Crew (www.capsroadcrew.com) trips. I went to the website and SCREAMED in Dan's ear - ZEDNIK IS BACK! At least Dan's happy about it too and doesn't feel threatened! LOL!
So the bad day (and week) has become better. Even better - the boss is out of the office tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment