Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The weekend (and Monday) update

Sep 30, 2008

The weekend (and Monday) update

So the weekend didn't go exactly as planned. We declared Saturday "Esa Day" because we were going to take her to Walgreens to have her picture taken (fundraising for Best Friends Sanctuary). Then we were going to go to Barktoberfest at Melodee Music in Sterling and then to Petsmart. Well, one out of three isn't bad. Both the Walgreen's event and Barktoberfest were canceled on Saturday. Walgreens, rescheduled for Oct. 11 and Barktoberfest the next day. So off to Petsmart - at least we knew that was going to be open! The rest of the day was just hanging around home since the first plan didn't work out.

Sunday, we did go to Barktoberfest. It had the usual vendors, but it was fun - we got a lot of freebies for Esa (treats and toys). We were there for about 1 1/2 hour and Esa was pooped on the way home - she was fighting staying awake.

Dan and Stephanie invited us over for "the" game (Redskins/Dallas) and a cookout. It's great having someone so close that we can hang out with (I hope you two feel the same D & S!)

Yesterday, I stayed home - sinuses were kicking in (and I've got a cough today). I worked on getting my "online shops" back up on Half.com & Amazon.com. What a lot of work - but worth it if I can make a few cents/get rid of stuff! Besides that, ran out to the grocery store to get the usual staples (milk, bread) and grabbed "27 Dresses" at Redbox. Good movie - definitely any girl can relate if she has been in ANY wedding (me - bridesmaid 6 times). Walked with Esa a bunch - we took 3 walks yesterday - she was loving it. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment