Monday, November 5, 2012

Adventures: Becoming Betty Crocker?

I do not cook. I was never taught and just don't like it. I hate the preparing the waiting and trying to time everything. I just like to eat.

I am very lucky that Dan cooks & he's good at it. I think he likes it - he did work as a cook at Friendly's. I've always told Dan I don't cook however if I stayed home I would learn.

Now that Dan is on days we need to figure out dinners. I told him yesterday that would pull something out when I got home. I pulled out chicken & figured we would have teriyaki chicken & rice. The chicken was frozen so I thawed it in the microwave. Then I figured I'd put it in a pan and just start it on low - hoping that Dan would get home soon since I had no idea what I was doing.

Guess what - the chicken was basically done by the time he got home - I MADE DINNER! Woohoo! I did it! I cooked meat on the stove for the first time ( I have used the microwave & tupperware stacker before)!

Dan was giddy. He was just shocked that I made it. He said he wasn't looking forward to coming home to cook.

And yes, he said it was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment