Sunday, November 4, 2012

Adventures: Donating Blood

Dan made an appointment to donate blood yesterday. I didn't make an appointment because I figured they would take walk-ins. When we got there there was a wait even if you had an appointment.

Dan was almost done when I finally got in for a screening. I never know if I will be able to donate or not because sometimes my iron level is low. I was at 12.8 and you need to be 12.5.

Part of the screening they ask if you have ever donated under another name. The screener was shocked when my name came up. It was from 1996! She said that was the first time ever that happened.

The worst thing with giving blood is I ALWAYS get someone that isn't that experienced and I end up getting a BIG bruise. The tech this time had a hard time finding my vein & asked if I had any water (I guess she thought I was dehydrated). Then had to get a supervisor to start me.

Sunday bruises from the blood donation on Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment