These snacks were for both humans and pups!
I checked out some other banana recipes in Pinterest and found Cheerios Banana Oatmeal muffins. I even pulled up Pinterest when I was in the store to make sure I had all of the ingredients.
These were easy to make and I had so many bananas that I did a double batch.
Crushed Cheerios - found out that if you start in the corner of the baggy,
it's much easier to crush them
The rolling pin was my mom's - I don't know how old this is, but it's solid glass and still works well!
The dry mixture
smashed bananas
Confession: I think this was the first time I ever used my (formerly my mom's) potato smasher. BTW - is that the right term for this utensil?
Esa was all for it. I think she has a sweet tooth.
Zed wasn't sure at first, but then liked it.
Finished product!
These were really good - and I'm sharing with my friend, Michelle, and friend/neighbor +Stephanie Segall. Hubby doesn't really care for bananas so 24 muffins is a lot for one person, so I was planning on sharing. I might even put some in the freezer.
The one thing I wasn't happy about was them sticking to the bottom of the wrapper - what's up with that? I know it mentioned spraying the pan in the recipe, but I didn't think you had to spray wrappers! I thought it was if you didn't use wrappers, you had to spray!
Note: I did not eat the wrapper (it's to the left)
Side note: This recipe is from The Chew. Yes, I know I'm home all day, but I don't watch a lot of TV (unless it's a lazy day or it's an Law & Order marathon). I found out about all of the different talk shows through my brother. He watched all of the talk shows and when I was visiting, I found out about them. He would have liked these muffins. <3

Yum! Can't wait to try them!
ReplyDelete