Facebook is NOT for posting recipes - PINTEREST is. Now, I know, not everyone has a Pinterest account and your Facebook account is your account and you can post whatever you want in your feed.
That being said there have been some good recipes posted on Facebook. When I see something that catches my eye, I go find it on the internet (usually on Pinterst) and pin it on my recipe board on Pinterest.
I bought a bag of apples about 2 weeks ago and I might have ate 1 or 2, so I wanted to get rid of them before they went bad.
Which leads me to this recipe - Fresh Apple Cake. I will say the picture is misleading compared to the recipe text. It says granny smith apples in the text, but we KNOW those are not granny smith in the pictures - and it says peel the apple - those apples have the peel on! Anyway, this is a better picture and description of what you will end up with. I say that because I thought I was going to have a Pinterest fail. I thought, how can this be right? The recipe says CAKE - this is not turning into a cake. Crisp! That's the right definition! Another pinner says that you can use other fruit too (ie peaches).
This recipe is WAY easy - except for maybe the peeling of the apples - that was a pain - but not too bad.
apples peeled
Apples layered in the pan
cake mix sprinkled on
Cinnamon & sugar sprinkled on
The final product
Close up - this is why I thought it was a Pinterest fail.
Wasn't sure if the dry mix was supposed to still be there.
Needless to say - SUCCESS! We had it with ice cream last night and I just had some for a morning snack (warmed up of course!).
No comments:
Post a Comment