Saturday, December 14, 2013

Becoming Betty Crocker: Creative Italian Sausage Sandwiches

Hubby worked today, so our schedule was a little off for the weekend.  Usually we go out for lunch on Saturday.

When Dan got home at 4 pm, we did the "what do you want for dinner?  I don't know, what do you want?" game.  So I went to the kitchen and just pulled out the italian sausage patties that we had.  I was thinking of doing this dinner next week (with real hamburger rolls and something on the side).  We also had a can of Pillsbury Grands, so I said - "here you go-dinner!"  Dan ran out to get some potato chips and we were set.

WORD OF WARNING - These are HUGE sandwiches.  I couldn't finish the second one.  And let's not even think about the calories.  LOL

The sausage patties
BTW - these are really good!
Pillsbury Grands flattened down to make hamburger rolls
Finished flattened Grands
 
The BIG ASS Italian Sausage Sandwich!
 
Now, we all know that it's not complete without the onions.  However, I am so sick and tired if CRYING when I cut up onions!  I keep on thinking, I need to get some (water) goggles.  Of course, it's out of season right now at The Dollar Store and there's no way I'm buying ones that are expensive just for the kitchen.  Then it it me - I HAVE WINTER GOGGLES!

Yep - I did it.  With hubby laughing the entire time, but with NO TEARS!  BTW, I couldn't really see well with the tinted goggles.  Didn't cut my fingers though!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment