Esa died of Arrythmogenic Right Ventricular Cardiomyopathy (ARVC) which is common in boxers. Crazy - but the first known sign can be sudden death. We NEVER saw any signs of any heart issues in her 6 years. I guess we can find peace that she died fast. I feel better that we at least know what happened. She lived life to the fullest (as any dog would), and I'm glad she was never sick. We would never had been able to give her an EKG. NEVER. Proof in point is when we took her to the vet for Lyme disease, let alone trying to get a shot in her at home!
Still, it's hard. This is something that goes undetected, dogs and humans. We never expected this. Zed is the one with a heart murmur.
Esa's ashes are home and we have a little shrine in her chair (ashes, collar and her "red" which is her red kong bone that she liked getting her treats in) for now. Part of the grieving process.
![]() |
| In her chair when she was little July 2007 |


No comments:
Post a Comment