Thursday, January 5, 2006

Entry for January 05, 2006

Entry for January 05, 2006



OK - didn't get a chance to post this yesterday - seems like a dream....
Anyway, got up and ready for work, drove down the second street - saw squirrels running out in front of the cars - thinking to myself - they're going to get hit!
Third street, driving about 40 miles an hour and all of the sudden, out of the left side of my eyes, I see this brown and then a deer within one (1) foot of the front of the jeep, and then hoofs to the right of me, way high in the air, just missing the back end of the car a little bit ahead of me.
CRAZY! I had enough time to put my foot on the brake A LITTLE - not even slam on the brake - and say - WHAT THE HELL? and it was over. I even think there was a deer behind me - I think I saw one in the rearview mirror. It happened so fast that I thought maybe a dreamed it. No one slowed down behind me and the car beside me definitely didn't slow down.
Anyway - not a scratch on the jeep or even fur on it. Of course, this morning I was more alert going down that road. Image
This is what happens when you play the deer game - they come out of no where and almost ram into you - it doesn't help that the movie - The Ring 2 comes to mind every time you see deer!

No comments:

Post a Comment