Entry for January 27, 2006
- |01/27/2006 09:39 am
- |0 comments
- |0 trackbacks
- |0 Pageviews
Man - did I feel stupid last night at class.
A couple of people already know Spanish so, of course, they are almost fluent in Italian already.
I'm totally out of my element. The time I got called on - I totally butchered the word and he had to break it down for me. Funny - the teacher told a story at the beginning of class how he was in Buffalo and a native of Buffalo said an English word and it wasn't pronouned right - Obviously, my western NY accent is going to come out - dropping the r's and t's!
The teacher was pronouncing everyone's name in Italian - of course, he was stumped by mine! He figured it out though - I was named after an ancestor (Dad)!
This is going to be a struggle, but I'll have to get used to mispronouncing words and not getting embarrassed.
A couple of people already know Spanish so, of course, they are almost fluent in Italian already.
I'm totally out of my element. The time I got called on - I totally butchered the word and he had to break it down for me. Funny - the teacher told a story at the beginning of class how he was in Buffalo and a native of Buffalo said an English word and it wasn't pronouned right - Obviously, my western NY accent is going to come out - dropping the r's and t's!
The teacher was pronouncing everyone's name in Italian - of course, he was stumped by mine! He figured it out though - I was named after an ancestor (Dad)!
This is going to be a struggle, but I'll have to get used to mispronouncing words and not getting embarrassed.
No comments:
Post a Comment