Sunday, May 18, 2008

Successful Grace’s Aces

May 18, 2008

Successful Grace’s Aces
What a day, but it feels great. Like we accomplished something good.

We headed out about 9 a.m. to Elkridge, MD - about 1 hour away. Nicole was there setting up when we got there. I helped with the registration table. Man, it was tough keeping it all in order. No wonder Nicole needed help! Anyway, Nicole thinks we raised over $30,000!

About 15 minutes before the "walk" started - here comes the rain! YUCK! Anyway, Dan and I had already said - we could walk one day in the rain compared to what Grace and her family has to do daily.

We did the "short" walk - just because of the rain. After standing in the rain until 2 p.m., we decided to get going.

We were supposed to go visit Cash, but by 2 p.m. we were all miserable. So we will be planning a date for the "kids" to get together.

Esa did well - only towards the end did she get restless, but I thing we all were!

We stopped at DQ got home around 3:30. Then we all took naps. I didn't wake up until 6 p.m.! Dan was on the computer when I woke up, but Esa was still sleeping. OBVIOUSLY, we were all tired. BUT - definitely worth it!






No comments:

Post a Comment