Saturday, April 17, 2010

Catching up on the week

Yikes, the days have been going by too fast lately!
Last Saturday was Home Depot day. $400 dollars later, we had a new grill and lawn stuff. Saturday afternoon was spend in the yard and Dan putting together the new grill.
Sunday was Caps day - the last game of the season and a loss.  Lots of fun though – didn’t win anything, but got a Capitals umbrella and coupons for a free appetizer at Glory Days.

The game was early, so Dan headed out to Lowe’s and got a new lawnmower. The lawnmower we have is over 10 years old. It was Aunt Helen’s and before that it was her friend, Ruth’s. Dan wasn’t sure how I would feel about getting a new lawnmower since it was Aunt Helen’s. I was fine with it and told Dan, “I think Aunt Helen would be fine with it too – we got her money’s worth out of it.” Helen brought it from Ruth for $25.

Tuesday and Wednesday was presentation skills training at our Wheaton, Maryland office. I did have an opportunity to stay at the hotel close there, but I figured I would try the traffic. Going there was not bad – maybe 45 minutes. Coming home Tuesday was BAD because of the rain – 1 ½ hours!!!!!!
The class itself was fine. I hate watching the video, but realized so does everyone else. I don’t think I would make it as a reality tv star. No one had major criticisms on by presentations except myself! I’m so hard on myself. I want the presentation to be perfect! That’s just not going to happen. This class helped though because I could see that everyone feels the same way – nervous, rushing, messing up, etc.
Thursday night, I went to the mobile adoption at Petco and volunteered. My buddy, Frank, is still there. He is so sweet. I keep telling them if the shelter runs out of room, let me know. I think he would get along with Esa ok (I know there wouldn’t be a problem the other way around).

No comments:

Post a Comment