How much recycling do you do? I’ve kind of increase over the last year – some in part to being thrifty. Here’s the list of what I do (and make Dan do).
o Print double sided at work
o Have a recycling bin under my desk at work (not sure if it gets to the recycling bin outside though)
o Changed my margins on documents
o Have a pile of one side used paper at my desk for scrap.
o Take extra one side used paper from work home and use them to print coupons
o Recycle single used batteries
o Started using rechargeable batteries
o Participate in the county recycling pickup (paper/cardboard, #1 & #2 plastics, glass & cans)
o Take all other # plastics to a dropoff recycle center
o Recycle empty toner cartridges at Staples or Office Depot (and get $3 back!).
o Donate, freecycle, craigslist anything we want to get rid of.
o Use old clothes for rags
o Use plastic grocery bags as trash bags
o Take plastic bags to the grocery store for recycling
o Use reusable bags at the grocery store (when we can get 5 cents off for each bag used).
o I bring silverware to work to use for lunch. If I forget silverware, I bring the utensil home for recycling in the other plastic recycling
o We use handtowels in the kitchen to wipe our hands and rags to pick up messes.
o I use containers instead of baggies in my lunch.
o I reuse the containers for the week when I can (like if it’s the same dressing all week or the same crackers all week)
o I refill the one bottle of water I use at work all day
o Whatever water is left in bottles or cups is used for plants and sometimes Esa.
o I do as much online banking as possible
o We receive bills via e-mail
I keep throwing around the idea about rainbarrels (especially for the sump pump) and a SMALL compost bin. I’m iffy about the compost.
I DO flush ALL of the time. No “if it’s yellow, let it mellow”.
No comments:
Post a Comment