Wednesday, the girls got down here about 9 pm.
Thursday, we went to lunch at Chipotle and then hung out at home until it was time to leave. The girls played the Cardinal Games Glee Board Game. I ended up reading a little and taking a nap. I actually got quite a bit of reading done this weekend - waiting for the girls to get ready. When there's 5-6 people to get ready, there's a lot of waiting around!
We had a great time at Glee Live on Thursday!
We left the house about 4 pm and got down to Verizon about 5:30pm. I was so proud of myself - I got down there without a GPS! We parked at the garage next to the center - freaking $30 to park! That's crazy!
We stood around the loading dock (along with about 50 other people), and after awhile, we just decided to go in the lobby and wait - it was way too hot.
When we got to the main entrance, what was there, but the Sun Drop mobile! They were handing out free Sun Drop. Woohoo! Now I have my can for the halloween costume!
We hung out in the lobby and when it was close to the gate time, security started to wand people - that was a first - they never do that at hockey games. They only look in bags (they were doing that too).
We headed to the merchandising table first (which was a madhouse). MC and her friend got a t-shirt and hoodie (freaking $100 together!). Oh - while I was waiting for MC & her friend, I was standing by a trash can. I just happened to look in the can and what did I see - Capitals Breakaway magazines! So, I grabbed a few. Usually they cost like $10.
I stopped at the Chevy Cruze promo location. You got pictures with Chevy "cheerleaders" and then you signed up to win a Cruze and you got a keychain.
Up to the seats (section 414) - we were way up there, but not bad considering it was sold out. They had the opening act of The LXD. GREAT dancers! The show was wonderful. I didn't expect them to be "in character" though. I loved the fact that they had a small stage in the back of the arena and did a couple of songs from there.
After the show, MC's friend was picked up by her cousin so that she could go to school on Friday. If she missed any more school, she would be graduating. That was sprung on me Thursday morning (and I think the rest of the group). Her cousin drove 6 hours, waited for the show to end and then drove back. CRAZY! Come to find out, they were at a concert the night before too then had to be up to get their kids to school Friday morning (more like not go to bed before getting their kids to school).
Friday, we went to lunch at Red Robin then headed to the mall. We met up with our neighbor, Stephanie since Jax didn' feel like taking his nap. First stop in the mall - Hot Topic - MC's favorite store. I did a little shopping at Old Navy, Bath & Body Works, and Borders Express. Both Bath & Body and Borders had clearance sales. Bath & Body had 50 & 75% off almost the whole store and Borders had some bargain books that were 50% off.
We went to Five Below next, then Dairy Queen for "dinner". We finally got home about 6:30pm. We ended up watching "Buried" WOW - not what any of us expected in a movie, but we couldn't stop watching! I was sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time!
This morning, Dan and I got up (like 7 am) and took the pups for a walk then we eneded up taking a morning nap. My sinuses have really been bothering me today. About 10:30 am I finally got up and the girls were up and getting around to leave. About 12:30, they left : (
I ended up taking another nap this afternoon (because of my sinus headache). This evening we are going up to the neighbors for a cookout then Dan is hanging out there for a fight on tv.




Glad you had fun! Wish I could take a nap right now... :)
ReplyDelete