We have been planning this for MONTHS!
Back in March, I contacted my niece, MC about Glee Live coming to DC. Within a day, the whole family was scheduled to come down for the show!
Then the plans changed a little. My brother wouldn't be coming because his 3rd chemo treatment would be this week. Then yesterday, my SIL called to say that they may have to cancel because my bro wasn't doing well and she didn't want to leave him.
So, the choices:
1 - my older niece, CC, sucks it up and drives. CC, is 22 and has her license, but has never driven down to visit. Needless to say, she was a little frightened.
2 - my nephew, VJ drives them down and I drive them back this weekend.
3 - we sell the tickets and go to the movie when it comes out in August.
I had a feeling that choice #3 was going to happen, but CC stepped up! She's really excited to go to the show and we talked last night. I said if there's a chance you don't go and you'll regret it, then just do it!
The extra ticket (my SIL's) isn't going to waste either. CC & MC's cousin (on their mom's side) is also coming down. CC said that she thought that would help with her nerves too.
I am so excited. They left about an hour ago and should be here around 9 pm, if not sooner.
Believe it or not, CC and I have not seen each other in about 3 years. Whenever I visited, she was off working or travelling and she hasn't made the trip down. She's never met Zed - I know she's going to be all over him.
No comments:
Post a Comment