Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A weekend full of fun

What a weekend - full of activity!

Saturday morning, hubby and I dropped off the jeep for a new airbag sensor and then went to the movies and saw "Pirates of the Caribbean:  On Stranger Tides".  Great movie!  I enjoyed it.  We had our large popcorn gone before the trailers even started!  Then about 1/2 way through the movie, it got REALLY cold in the theater.  I had a sweater, but had on shorts - I was freezing!

We then did some GPS shopping for Dan.  Dick's Sporting Goods had nothing so we ended up at Eastern Mountain.  Dan got to check out a couple of different GPSs that he had been looking at online.  Who knows, he might just buy one there.

Then it was waiting for nephew to arrive.  VJ was driving back from visiting his girlfriend in NC.

Right before we headed out the door, I decided to change into jeans and pull out my Winger t-shirt from 1990.  I've never done that before - worn a t-shirt of the person I was going to go see on concert.  I figured, what the hell - I doubted anyone else would have that t-shirt on!

At 6:30pm, me, hubby, nephew VJ & neighbor DS all headed to Recher Theatre to see Kip Winger, ZO2 and Bang Tango - well, not really Bang Tango, they were headlining, but none of us were really interested in seeing them.  So we get up to Towson and drive right by the place and then go around the block and actually scored an AWESOME parking spot - half a block from the theatre and the very first spot from the corner.

There was hardly anyone there - maybe 50 people.  The 1st band was on and Dan made the comment "I guess we could have left at 7:30" (ie to skip the opening bands).  We were just standing there (towards the back), and who walks by - KIP WINGER!  Of course, I'm not brave enough to go right up to him!

So before Kip went on stage, we all went towards the stage.  Then this young guy, made the comment to me "I like your shirt" and we started talking - He was asking if I had seen Winger before (of course) and where I was from.  Where was he from?  ROCHESTER, NY!  WHAT????!!!!!  I'm like, "no way, I'm originally from Hornell"  He's like "you're not going to believe this - I go to Alfred University"  How freaking crazy is that!!

So my new friend, Joe, and I continued our conversation and stood by each other during the show.  Come to find out, Joe has been to several of Kip Winger's shows and was up on stage with Kip!  Joe was actually in town for a Friday the 13th convention (didn't know they had that).

It's weird how fate is - if I didn't change my outfit at the last minute, I wouldn't have meet Joe.

ZO2 was after Kip and when they were setting up, they had a microphone in the middle of the stage and I thought that was weird - they've never done that before.  Well, after the 1st song, they had Kip come out and play a Led Zepplin song with them.  The funny thing, Kip didn't know the words, so he had them pulled up on his phone!  They also did the classic "spin and down to your knees" rock move.  I was laughing so hard.  They were just having so much fun.




We left after ZO2.  Dan made a u-turn right at the parking spot since we were in the first from the corner - come to find out, it was a one-way street.  Luckily, no cops and he quickly made a right.

The drive home was long and Dan said that the last couple of miles were rough, but we made it.

Sunday morning, I woke up about 8:30 and couldn't believe I was the first one up.  Esa was passed out.  That's one good thing - when we are up late, she usually sleeps in the next day.  About 9 am, Dan up because we had mentioned about going to the pancake breakfast at the firehouse.  We didn't quite make it up there the time we wanted to (10 am), but got there between 10:30 and 11.  The Segalls picked us up and were lucky we actually got a table together.  Another family said to us that the chairs at their table were empty and they were getting ready to leave anyway. 

After brunch, VJ headed out and we picked up the jeep.  The rest of the afternoon was lazy - we took naps and then my tummy wasn't feeling well (I need to remember - no greasy breakfast foods!).  Dan did mow the lawn about 7 pm and we did get some laundry done, so I guess we weren't too lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment