Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Becoming Betty Crocker: Bull's Eye Guinness BBQ Sauce

So last year when we were at the (Dan's) family cottage in Ontario, Canada, I found a GREAT bbq sauce - Bull's Eye Guinness BBQ Sauce.  Dan was all over that when I pointed it out.  I'm always up for trying new things (ok, certain food things and certain things in general).

We LOVED it!  So much that we went back to the store before we left and bought more to bring back home.  Why?  Because you can't get it here in the States (as they call the US up in Canada).  Yep - cannot find it. 

After we ran out of it, I was able to order it on soap.com, but I just went on there today and it is no longer available through their website.  Shame since it was a good price (like $3-4 per bottle).  Now, it is available at Amazon - but only sold in a 6 pack AND at over $8 per bottle! WHAT?!

Since hubby was up in Canada this last weekend, you know what was on the shopping trip list!  Here's the twist with cooking today - I'm making 2 chicken breasts in the slow cooker with the Guinness bbq sauce.  First time trying a small serving in the cooker, but it came out GREAT!  The chicken was falling apart.

Yummy, yummy, yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment