Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Becoming Betty Crocker: Cheeseburger Pot Pie

So I had 2 more pie crusts to use by the 30th.  When I went looking for the Easter Pie recipe, I stopped at Pillsbury.com to check out recipes for using their pie crusts.  Enter Cheeseburger Pot Pie!  This recipe was SUPER easy peasy!

My change to the recipe - crust on the bottom.
Pie filled (yes, I almost forgot to take a picture!) - minus the pickles.
Pre-baked - I think I'm getting the crust folding down!
All ready!
Doesn't look quite like the picture.
This was GOOD!  Hubby really liked it (he's a pot pie person).  You could definitely taste the ketchup, but if you like cheeseburgers with ketchup, you are all set! 

You could defnitely add to this recipe:
  • Instead of putting shredded cheese on top, put cheese chunks mixed in with the meat. 
  • Add bacon to the meat mixture
  • Like tomatoes on your burgers?  How about peppers? Cut them up & add them to the meat mixture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment