Friday, May 3, 2013

The Housewife Tour 2013 - The Week in Review (with some Adventures)

Projects:
So, not too many projects completed this week, but putting a BIG dent into organzing and pricing for the yard sale on the 18th!

We have so much CRAP!  I still need to spend time on basement storage- where everything ends up that we don't use.  Up until the yard sale, I'm posting things on Listia and on Ebay to see if I can sell them that way.  Especially the items that I know will not sell at the yard sale or I won't get offered what I want to get out of it.  People are looking to spend pennies at a yard sale and I price my stuff low to begin with.  I rather get some money (or credits in the case of Listia) out of it than donate.  Donating is the last resort.

I still have a lot of old/antique stuff that I need to look up for pricing.  That's a process!  Anyway, if I can at least get rid of some stuff sooner rather than later, that works!

I did add a wreath to the front door this week.  AC Moore had new large flowers that they didn't have when I was there a couple of weeks ago for a wreath project.  I thought it would look good in the meantime until I get the project done.  It pretty much matches the real flowers that are on the porch.



Adventures this week (minus the pups):

Just some fun adventures I wanted to mention that happened this week.

This was the 2nd week of the digital scrapbooking class at Orange Leaf.  We went over Memory Manager 4.0.  I tell you, having a class every week is keeping focused on getting at least something done with my digital stuff!

I had lunch with my long-time friend, +Nancy Williams.  It's about the company and not the food as we had lunch at Wendy's!  I'm not saying that Wendy's isn't good, but I bet you thought we would be at some sit down restaurant.  We both mentioned how we don't get to Wendy's that often.  I only get there if I'm traveling and don't stop at McDonald's.

Since Thursday, I have been a single (dog) parent.  Hubby is up at the family cottage in Canada with is uncle & cousins for a summer-prep/opening the cottage weekend.  If it was longer than 2 full days, our whole family would have gone, but it's just too long of a drive (12 hours) for Esa all at once.  It wouldn't be a problem for Z.  He would just curl up and sleep.  Esa doesn't relax in the car like Z.



No comments:

Post a Comment