Thursday, May 9, 2013

Becoming Betty Crocker: Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Vegetables

I know, "You've done pot roast before".  Yes, but never with vegetables.  We have had this before, but usually Dan has made it.

Luckily, we still have the instructions that came with the crockpot (we got it for our wedding from Dan's grandma).
And it has some recipes in it.  This one was exactly what I needed because I didn't want to have to go to the store AND EASY, PEASY!


Here's the before:
 Vegetables on the bottom, all mixed up.
Roast on top with beef broth poured over it. 
I still had that almost full can from the last recipe I did.

The finished product on my plate.
 
It came out great!  I LOVE THE CROCKPOT!
 
BONUS:  So, I don't care for cooked carrots so I gave one to Esa, which I figured she would eat and she did.  Zed, on the other hand, is a meat & potatoes kind of dog.  I have yet find a vegetable that he like.  Guess what?  He likes cooked carrots!
 
The pups got special additions to their dinner tonight - cooked carrots & the rest of the beef broth.  They both licked their dishes (ok, they always lick their dishes).
 


No comments:

Post a Comment