Sunday, August 21, 2011

Coming "home" from "home"

The trip "home" was worth it.  I was able to see my brother physically improve daily.  Now, if he could mentally improve. 

This has been a very trying time and he has basically lost his voice.  It's like he has lost his confidence - he speaks in a very soft tone and not in his regular voice.

I know he is getting better and I think as soon has he knows that the cancer is completely gone, his voice will come back.

Friday evening was watching movies with my bro while the SIL & niece went to church and the other niece went out with friends.

Saturday was a busy day for everyone while I just hung out at my brother's house.  I purchased a new 3 in 1 photo scanner and was playing with that the majority of the day.  The evening was hanging out watching TV while my brother fell asleep after dinner (also with my nephew).  I knew he would be worn out.  He went out to church for a couple of hours - which was good.  So good, he wanted to come home and wash his car.  If you know my brother, that's a weekly thing.

My youngest niece headed off to college with her mom & sister going with her to unload.  I let them take my jeep since there was no way it was going to fit in a Chevy Impala.

Sunday, I got up early and headed home.  I zoomed.  So much that when I got to traffic in Frederick MD, I was impatient.  Made the trip in 5 1/2 hours!  WOOHOO!  So much easier when you don't have pups with you - though, I did miss them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment